----- Original Message -----
From: Ralph Mason <ralph.mason / telogis.com>
To: ruby-talk ML <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 3:34 PM
Subject: [ruby-talk:25864] Ruby and COM play nicely together.

> I have been putting together the other half of the ruby COM euqation
> allowing COM application to call ruby objects.  And I have to tell you
it's
> made COM the easiest and most fun it's ever been!!!!
>
> Imagine writing a complete DCOM server in 3 lines of code!!
> Imagine dynamicaly adding methods to com objects.
>
> Well with ruby you can, and when you mix it with com you can seamlessly
call
> across as many languages as you like.

Hi, Ralph...

This is interesting to me, though I'm pretty ignorant
of COM, DCOM, VB, and so on.

Have you ever looked at HomeSeer, the home
automation software? I'm an enthusiastic user
of that package... I've tried to get Ruby to work
within it (using ActiveScriptRuby) but no luck
so far.

So tell me: If I used your tool, do you think I could
write scripts in Ruby and call them with a VB
one-liner?

Hal