Thank you David and Gary, you both make a lot of sense.  David, I have
your book and found it extremely useful.  Reading it, I would almost
tell what you were going to say in the next paragraph and usually, you
would say it!  You are David Black right?  If not, you are just as good.
All I was saying when I posted this topic without much thinking is that
as Matz says that he likes to follow the principal of least surprise and
that Ruby does something right more often than otherwise is true by and
large.  Except in case of the yield keyword (for me).  I found that I
always have to do a mental translation and that slows me down.
As Gary points out, the dictionary meaning does fit in the context the
yeild keyword is used in English language.  It is just that I would have
picked something more direct.  It seems like being "direct" and avoiding
mental gymnastics are the key features that both DHH & Matz leverage
quite effectively in their work.  This one does seem indirect
intuitively.  I do not think that it is a language thing as I have
pretty much grown up studying the English language and have studied in
English for as long as I can remember.
Another thing that I want to reiterate is that ruby makes no secret of
providing many ways of saying the same thing with aliased methods which
is quite all right.  Aliasing keyword is not possible as Charles points
out above and should not be possible otherwise people will end up
inventing completely different languages within a language and that
would be defeating the purpose of having one common language.
Anyway, it has been very instructive listening to everyone with so much
Ruby experience.  One of the best things about Ruby and RoR communities
for that matter is that everyone is willing to share his/her knowledge
without being offensive.  That is why, I feel free in posting such "not
very well thoughtout" questions.
Regards everyone,
Bharat