Hi all,

I'm trying to automate a password reset via telnet for a report. This
happens twice per year, and right now I'm handling things manually. My
attempts so far have been unsuccessful. Here's what I've tried:

require 'net/telnet'
include Net

session = Telnet.new("Host" => host, "Output_log" =>
'ftp_test.output')
session.login(user, pass)

session.cmd("passwd")
#session.cmd("String" => "passwd", "Match" => /password:/i) # Tried
this, too

session.puts("old_password")
session.puts("new_password")
session.puts("new_password")

session.close

But, this doesn't seem to work. The output file shows that it's
waiting for the current password, but the program fails with a timeout
error. If I use the second cmd variant that I showed above, the script
fails silently.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan