Gregory Brown wrote:

> Okay, I have to be honest.   What about the non-Judaic practitioners
> in the US?  Frankly, I'm glad that "His" commandments are no longer in
> courthouses in a country where free religious exercise is supposed to
> be practiced.

Ok, I think I understand.  The Judeo-Christian group has had their
articles of religious expression removed from public display, and you
are basking in that.  Good for you.  Free religous exercise does not
mean "free only on the condition that it does not offend some vocal
minority".  It means free!

> As far as schools, same things go there.  I don't think the state has
> a place in picking the spiritual views for students, that seems to
> really push the envelope if you ask me.

I don't think the state is doing that here in the US.  As a matter of
fact, they are doing the opposite.  They are squelching religous
expression, because Group "ABC" might offend Group "DEF".

> It seems like you used the name of this library which really is just
> clever and appropriate as a soap stand for your particular religious
> beliefs, and it seems pretty far out of the scope of discussion here.

I don't agree the name is clever or appropriate.

Now, time for me to be perfectly honest.  This is the first time in my
life I have ever taken a stand for my beliefs in a public forum.  Call
me a slow starter.  I typically steer away from these discussions like
the plague.  However, I wanted to make a point that Tom could have
picked a better name.  I think I've made that point now.

Todd Burch