Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:25855] ANN: regex engine development (was: Re: Why not xmlparser?)"
    on 01/11/20, "Bill Kelly" <billk / cts.com> writes:

|> You'll notice that Ruby doesn't use the Perl regexp code,
|> or the GNU regexp library.
|
|Isn't this the GNU version?

It's *heavily* modified version of GNU regex.

|I am trying my hand at rewriting it, although still in straight 'C'.

|But this does give me the chance to ask, and now would seem to
|be a good time to do so: Is anyone else out there also working
|on an re engine rewrite?  Wouldn't want to duplicate a lot of
|work(!)

Great.  I was dreaming rewriting it in "C" for weeks (still not
started).  If you start the project, I can sleep well. ;-)

There's M17N requirement for Ruby's regex (for example Japanized
version of PHP uses this routine), but I can hack your version once
you've done, like I did for the GNU version.

							matz.