> I've always thought of the yield mechanism as one of the most
> strikingly elegant and expressive things in Ruby.  (More subjective
> judgment :-)  I'm actually very surprised to hear that it's likely to
> disappear, or change considerably.

I think that Matz is on to something again!
The more I think of yeild as a method on an object, less it bothers me.
I have the mental crutch of being able to alias it anytime I wish.
Therefore, it does not seem like a big deal anymore whereas as a keyword
it is a big deal to me.  I guess the reason is that I am comfortable
dealing with different method names meaning the same thing in ruby,
e.g., map and collect.  I prefer map to collect.
I believe that as a rule, the language keywords should be as natural as
possible whereas library method names can and should be customizable.

Bharat