On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Phlip wrote:

> Next question - which desktop bonds to Ruby better - Ruby-Gtk, or Ruby-Qt?
> Is there any such thing as the latter??

IMO, the big advantage of GTK+ for Ruby is libglade.  You can use Glade to
create an XML file containing your interface, and then dynamically load
that interface at run-time; no compiling or conversion step is necessary.
This works well in Python and in C, too.  Of course, you have to be
willing to live with some of GTK+'s "quirks" (tanstaafl!).

AFAIK, with QT, you must use ui2rb to convert the .ui file to a .rb
script.  I do not know if FOX has anything similar.

Paul