> I'm basically agnostic, but I still find "god" a poor name. It just
> has too much semantic weight. An ancient name for god may carry
> better, like "Deus".

I was imagining there would be objections when I saw the announcement.
Then I thought, look at the number of God Games out there (Populus, and
Black & White being prime examples of the genre): playing at God is
hardly uncharted in technology circles.

I think it's a great name for the application, given it's domain. It
also gives almost endless scope for grin / cringe jokes. All those jokes
will, with a little care, also make for a fun and memerable interface:
there's enormous scope for use of metaphores that I'd imagine most
societies would probably appreciate (anywhere with some exposure to
monotheistic religion).

Hey - with enough 2 cents, we can buy a burger.

Cheers,
  Benj - also mostly agnostic (if that's relevent).