Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> The "yield" keyword is used for this purpose from the ages of
> languages for example in CLU.  So if you learn the history and the
> culture, you will find less problem.
>
> I am not going to rename it.  But in far future (3.0? maybe), the
> keyword will be removed from the language, and you will access blocks
> via block arguments of methods.
>
>               matz.

Hello Matz,
Before I say anything, I want to congratulate you for designing
something as elegant as Ruby.  I think that DHH, you, and a whole lot of
other people have started something that can fundamentally change the
way IT functions IF handled with a bit of foresight, and off course,
luck. Thanks to you and DHH, programming is fun again.

Here is a question and feedback based on your responses and everyone
else's (equally appreciated):

1.  I have to plead ignorance.  I do not know the language history very
well.  What is CLU?

2.  I think that moving "yeild" to a method call is a great idea.  That
way it can be freely aliased as and when needed.  Why are you saying
that it will be done that far out (3.0?).  Are you concerned about
"breaking" existing code?  Educate me.

Thanks.

Bharat