On 7/9/07, John Joyce <dangerwillrobinsondanger / gmail.com> wrote:
> the '&' sigil is kind of scary. Reminds me of C. I'd be disappointed
> to see Ruby get more sigils.

What are you talking about? The &-sigil in the argument list isn't a
proposed change, it's there already, so Ruby wouldn't be getting any
more sigils.

As for the aliasing yield-thing, it can't be done in Ruby, because it
depends on the local scope (maybe with hacks such as
Binding.of_caller, I'm not sure) . You'd need to inspect the stack,
which can't be done in Ruby and would rely on implementation details
in C. It just isn't worth it.

--
- Simen