------art_132230_3679527.1183982217665

Hi,

I'm trying to use the http-access2 gem to perform a basic set of login / get
page operations on a website, from the point of view of checking site
performance. Since documentation of this library seems to be extremely hard
to find, could someone who has used this library in the past please send me
a basic 'howto' of the basic operations?

Precisely what I want to do is:
1. Login to webpage (no https required) by sending username and password
strings in a POST
2. Get the body of the webpage that loads, also capturing the session cookie
to keep the session alive between requests
3. Send a post to the server that asks for the page to be updated
4. Get the updated page
5. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 multiple times
6. Check out on an average how much time it takes for a single page reload.

I'd be really grateful if someone could point me along, since this library
seems to have everything I need to get things working, except I can't find
out how :)

Thanks a lot!

Kp.

--