Hi everyone,

I expect this is a rather trivial problem, but I just started using ruby
and am a bit stuck right now.
Here is what I want to do:

I have a text file, that contains information in the following format:

KOG0003
    At2g36170
    At3g52590
    CE15495
    7295730
KOG0004
    Hs20476120
    YIL148w
    YKR094c
    SPAC11G7.04

Now, this has to go into a relational database. But right now this is
not really a table. The desired output would look something like this:

KOG0003 At2g36170
KOG0003 At3g52590
KOG0003 CE15495
KOG0003 7295730
KOG0004 Hs20476120
KOG0004 YIL148w
KOG0004 YKR094c

Well, you get the picture. What I tried to do is to read the text file,
than look for lines that start with a blank and replace that blank with
the first word of the previous line, given that this line does in fact
starts with a word (could also be selected by using KOG[0-9]*). I
thought of storing the KOG[0-9] in a variable, but overall I cant make
it work and have no real idea how to solve this. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Guess for an experienced user this is a three-liner
._.

Cheers,

Marc