Guest wrote:
> so the subject implies what i want to do, get the file size before
> downloading.  i've seen posts about downloading the header, so if
> possible, could someone give an example of this code???

Net::HTTP.start('some.www.server', 80) do |http|
  # Send a HEAD requesti
  response = http.head('/index.html')

  # Get the Content-Length header from response['Your-Header-Here']
  len = response['Content-Length'].to_i
}

> so if someone has any ideas as to getting filesize of a file (mp3
> specifically) without a header... please help!

Definitely not a noobish question.  I've looked for a way to do this for
a while, but have found none.  As far as I know, the only way to know
the Content-Length ahead of time is if the HTTP server gives it to you
in a HEAD request.

--
  *  Travis D Warlick, Jr