------art_178892_26099806.1183854080448

Hey Everyone,

  I'm working on a massive simulation project (like worldforge). I need to
be able to allow users to script objects in the world. I am thinking of
ussing Ruby as my scripting language of choice. However:

  (1) I need to be able to limit the memory usage of the object.
  (2) I need to be able to limit the CPU cycle usage of the object.

  I.e. I don't want users to use my game to calculate digits of PI.

  Is there a way (or an existing implemntation of Ruby) to let me create
these light-weight tasklets/threadlets/processlets (there's too many objects
to have a UNIX process for each object) such that I can limit the memory/cpu
usage on each?

Thanks,
--TongKe

------art_178892_26099806.1183854080448--