Phlip wrote:
> Gtk+ is that most wretched of barbarisms; ANSI C masquerading as an OO
> language masquerading as an ORB. This engenders both a cult of technical
> pseudo-proficiency, and very deep fragilities under the surface. KDE always
> appears more stable.
>
> KDE is written in C++, and is based on Qt, a commercial C++ widget library.
> Less wheel reinvention, less debates over what color to make it.

Did you catch the Dr.Dobbs Journal that critiqued alot of GUI libraries,
including Qt and GTK.
"YAPP: Yet Another Programming Platform" by Al Stevens, DDJ #329, Oct
2001?

It shook the safe choice of KDE/Qt abit under me, and reinforced several
of my "grudges" against Qt. (MOC, need I say more?)

Oh, for the record, I'm a KDE-user too, but perhaps more because I like
to think of it as the "Kent Dahl Environment" rather than the "K Desktop
Environment". 8^)

--
<[ Kent Dahl ]>================<[ http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kentda/ ]>
  )____(stud.techn.;ind.?k.data)||(softwareDeveloper.at(Trustix))_(