Hey Everyone,

   I'm working on a massive simulation project (like worldforge). I need to
be able to allow users to script objects in the world. I am thinking of
ussing Ruby as my scripting language of choice. However:

   (1) I need to be able to limit the memory usage of the object.
   (2) I need to be able to limit the CPU cycle usage of the object.

   I.e. I don't want users to use my game to calculate digits of PI.

   Is there a way (or an existing implemntation of Ruby) to let me create
these light-weight tasklets/threadlets/processlets (there's too many
objects to have a UNIX process for each object) such that I can limit the
memory/cpu usage on each?

Thanks,
--TongKe
(When replying, please do reply all as I might unsubscribe due to the
traffic.)