Robert Hicks wrote:

> I was just curious which desktop (of the two mentioned in the subject)
> is the favored one for Ruby developers?

KDE

GNOME has great spirit, absolutely beautiful artistry, and tsunami-level
critical mass. But...

Gtk+ is that most wretched of barbarisms; ANSI C masquerading as an OO
language masquerading as an ORB. This engenders both a cult of technical
pseudo-proficiency, and very deep fragilities under the surface. KDE always
appears more stable.

KDE is written in C++, and is based on Qt, a commercial C++ widget library.
Less wheel reinvention, less debates over what color to make it.

--
Phlip

http://www.greencheese.org/LucidScheming