Hi.

In message "[ruby-talk:00256] Syntax Error help please"
    on 99/03/23, "bryce" <thecrow / cyberdude.com> writes:

|So far I haven't found an error in my code but I keep
|getting:
|    return appeared outside of method (SyntaxError)

Hmm, I have never heard the trouble like this before.
Can you show me your code?  Can I fetch it by ftp or something?

|Is it possible that my source file is too large?  or anything
|else?

The source file size is limited by the allocatable memory size.  The
debugger and error messages will have trouble with line numbers larger
than 16384, but the script should run anyway.

|PS: Is there anything in the works for "freezing" or
|"compiling" Ruby ?

It has been in my ToDo list for a while.  The project is not started yet.

                                                matz.