Hi,

I'm trying something very simple, like passing a method a string, and
two more strings to surround that with... i.e.:

around_string('mystring') {|b, a| b = 'before'; a = 'after';}

The method:

def around_string(string, &block)
    b, a = yield
    "#{b}#{string}#{a}"
end

That of course doesn't work because I still don't get how blocks and
procs work and what they are. The reason I don't just pass 'a' and 'b'
as parameters to the method is because the method has other parameters I
don't want to touch, and it seemed like a block as the last parameter
would be a good choice (I simplified my example so it's clearer).

So I wanted to know what's the best way to accomplish what I'm trying to
do...

Thanks for your patience :)

- Ivan V.