------art_75665_5434830.1183269986856

There are quite a few gems that install on Windows just like Linux / Mac:

gem install whatever

(replace whatever with the gem to install)

You don't need the sudo on Windows, but if you're on Vista you might want to
start the "cmd" shell by typing that into the search box (where Run used to
be) and hitting CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER instead of just enter to gain Admin rights.

Many gems that have binaries will prompt you about which version to install,
and if there's an mswin32 version, select it.

If a gem fails to install, it is likely because it doesn't come bundled with
a binary and it's trying to compile it and can't.  In that case, check the
gem's website out to see if there's a Windows version.  There often is.

Robert

--
Robert W. Oliver II
CEO of OCS Solutions, Inc., Web Hosting and Development

------art_75665_5434830.1183269986856--