Dear Gregory,

> I can only assume so seeing as this is the behaviour of String#to_a in
> 1.8 and it does not exist in 1.9
>
> But no, he'd need to answer that.  Typically if you want to do that
> kind of manipulation, Array() is better, anyhow.
>
> >> Array([1,2,3])
> => [1, 2, 3]
> >> Array("foo")
> => ["foo"]

Well thank you. I was just writing because I feel you should be
careful before you start hurling "rubbish" at other people - maybe
in the context they wanted, something else might be more appropriate ...
e.g., if you create word lists from texts, as I had to lately quite
a lot.
I wouldn't have answered anyway had I seen Matz's response (just a minute earlier than mine.)

Best regards,

Axel
--
Psssst! Schon vom neuen GMX MultiMessenger geht?