hi,

i'm trying to build a ruby extension in c on windows, using mingw32's
gcc.

these are the two compile commands i use:

gcc -o tga.o tga.c -c -I c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/i386-mswin32
gcc -shared -o tga.so tga.o
  -Wl,c:/ruby/bin/msvcrt-ruby18.dll,c:/windows/system32/msvcrt.dll

everything compiles, with a few warnings, but tga.so is created. it has
also a valid Init_tga() function, because otherwise is just get "could
not find Init_tga()".

however, when i try to require tga.so, i get an error that "msvcr80.dll"
is missing. my question is: how did the compiler link to that dll
anyway? i didnt mention it. anyways i'd like to know how to fix this
problem.

by the way, its the one-click-installer of ruby 1.8.6 and windows xp
home

-morris