Yes, this is ActiveRecord without Rails again.
Specifically testing with fixtures.
I'm stuck making them work and I know exactly where the code is checking
out and leaving me in the dark.

Now, the following will not load the fixtures and I want to know why.

require 'rubygems'
require 'active_record'
require 'active_record/fixtures'
require 'test/unit'

class Schema<ActiveRecord::Migration
   def self.up
     create_table :entries do |t|
       t.column :txt, :string

class Entry<ActiveRecord::Base
end

class TestFixture<Test::Unit::TestCase
   ActiveRecord::Base.establish_connection(:adapter  =>
"sqlite3",:database =>":memory:")
   Schema.up
   fixture_path=File.join(File.dirname(__FILE__))
   use_instantiated_fixtures=true
   fixtures :entries

   def test_fixtures
     assert_equal(2,Entry.find(:all).size)

Use the following in an entries.yml:

new_entry:
   txt: "new entry"

old_entry:
   txt: "old entry"

I'm using active record 1.15.3. I followed the call chain all the way to
a check in Test::Unit::testCase#setup_with_fixtures.
The first line in that method is

return unless defined?(ActiveRecord::Base) &&
!ActiveRecord::Base.configurations.blank?

and the configurations are ofcourse blank :(

So what am I missing? Obviously I need to recreate some more of that
Rails magic.
Cheers,
V.-
--