------art_30380_15887273.1182934180963

On 6/27/07, Matt White <whiteqt / gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I downloaded roscar from RubyForge in hopes of sending automated AIM
> messages to my cell phone. roscar seems to have no documentation
> whatsoever. I can probably figure out how to use it but how do I
> install a module manually? I've only done it using gems before. Thanks!

Taking a quick look, you should be able to copy oscar.rb and the types
directory to a new directory to a new directory
C:\ruby\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8\aim. On Linux, look around and figure out the
equivalent path.

There is some minimal documentation embedded in the source - run rdoc from
the directory you unzipped and that should help a little. client.rb looks
like an example.

Les

--
I always thought Smalltalk would beat Java, I just didn't know it would be
called 'Ruby' when it did.

------art_30380_15887273.1182934180963--