Matt White wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am on a page that lists 78 items and can only show 25 per page, so
> are links for each page of results and a "Next >" link. I'd like to
> get Mechanize to follow the Next link but the link looks like this:
>
> <a class='searchlinks' href='javascript:lnkclick(2);'>Next ></a>
>
> If I try to "click" the link, Mechanize raises an "unsupported scheme"
> exception. At this point I am using all sorts of fun regular
> expressions to parse the Javascript and send the appropriate values to
> the page with a WWW::Mechanize.post call. Is there an easier way?
> Thanks.

As others have said, you would need a javascript interpreter. I think I
know about one of those. It's called a web browser =). This is probably
not the ideal solution, but it will work without many headaches. You can
use one of two libraries (firewatir and watir) to control a web browser
(firefox or internet explorer) from ruby. You can do just about
everything besides download files (though you can get at the source of a
page, and probably a .css file, as well). It might be worth a try.

Dan