David Rush wrote:
> It actually appears to me that the state of Ruby from a technical
> specification POV is really quite immature. I mean, is there even a
> BNF for the grammar? How about railroad diagrams?

If this is what you need to use Ruby I'm afraid you're going to remain
frustrated. Although the subject has arisen several times in the past
(search this list's archives) to date (afaik) nobody has been
sufficiently motivated to take the time to produce such things. Perhaps
one day somebody will be so motivated. Until then we continue to
struggle along without them. Ruby, despite now being 14 years old, is
still a very dynamic language. Going by the continuing spirited and
opinionated discussions on this list about changes in the next release,
although some of us are more conservative than others, it's my opinion
that most Ruby users prefer dynamism over formalism.

--
RMagick OS X Installer [http://rubyforge.org/projects/rmagick/]
RMagick Hints & Tips [http://rubyforge.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=1618]