On 6/26/07, Gregory Brown <gregory.t.brown / gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps look at the rate for salaried jobs in the area you are doing
> freelance work for and use that as a benchmark (but not a direct
> indicator) of how much you should ask for.

That is a good place to start, but take the average hourly wage of a
salaried person and scale it up 30-40% for the other benefits
employees get which aren't in their wages (the office space, "free"
computer repair and maintenance, software licenses, electricity,
health insurance, etc.) Plus a freelancer or contractor will pay more
taxes directly which a salaried employee gets paid by their company
(part of social security and Medicare taxes.) Of course I'm not sure
how taxes will work if you are from Israel.

Ryan, who has charged too little in the past...