Kero van Gelder wrote:
> Would be nice! Some auto-triggered GC when near that ceiling, perhaps?

Yeah. Either way, more control over memory would be nice.

> I am running Rubicon on iPAQ w/ Linux (if you port ruby to a platform,
> you better check it, huh?) and it crashes the entire userspace. That's
> near 32 MB of RAM eaten. Kernel keeps humming, but that is fairly
> useless :(

I totally empathize. I just converted my Ruby script from NQXML to
XMLParser, and it _still_ gobbles up all memory and hangs the machine.

I think I'll have to start doing caching and reusing of objects, and
explicitly setting references to nil.

Are there any tools for profiling the memory usage of a Ruby script?
(excluding running gtop and watching it eat like Pacman ;-). How about
frameworks for reducing memory consumption. (Such as making objects
easier to reuse.)

I couldn't find too much on the RAA, and Memoize seemed to be more a
thing for trade-offs in the opposite direction ( space -> time ).

--
<[ Kent Dahl ]>================<[ http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kentda/ ]>
  )____(stud.techn.;ind.шл.data)||(softwareDeveloper.at(Trustix))_(