Morton Goldberg wrote:
> On Jun 26, 2007, at 5:27 AM, Frank Church wrote:
>
>> I tracked the error, I was testing the using the concatenating strings
>> without using to_s in the code. ie.
>>
>> puts "hashkey value is " + rubyhash["hashkey"]
>>
>> instead of
>>
>> "hashkey value is " + (rubyhash["hashkey"]).to_s
>
> You could have saved yourself a lot trouble by using
>
>     puts "hashkey value is #{rubyhash["hashkey"]}"
>
> Regards, Morton

I am learning Ruby step by step. There appear to be so many different
ways of achieving the same thing, coming from a more procedural
background, there are quite a number of things about the Ruby way I have
to learn.

As you can see from here
http://forums.devshed.com/ruby-programming-142/erb-undefined-local-variable-or-method-446086.html

I have an even more troublesome question I can't locate. I will post it
when I find it.