On 6/25/07, dblack / wobblini.net <dblack / wobblini.net> wrote:

> I guess the ideal terminology would encompass both the similarities
> and the differences.  Clearly there's some very strong identity
> between:
>
>    class << C   # where C is a class
>
> and
>
>    class << some_non_class_object
>
> and it makes sense to treat them at least up to a point as the same
> thing.  (Or *past* a point?)  But I don't have the perfect terminology
> to hand by any means.
Forgive my ignorance, but are they not the same already?

In other words given three arbitrary objects of which one happens to be a class:
o0, o1, o2 = Class.new, String.new, Object.new
s0, s1, s2 = [o0, o1, o2].map{|o| class <<o; self end}

would there be any conceptional differences between s0 and si i>0,
that are not there between s1 and s2?

Or still in other words, and sorry for coming back to the original
topic *again*, is it not outside of the singleton class implementation
that we have to look for unification too?

Now this thread got really quite sophisticated please forgive me if I
have asked a question that has already been answered.

Cheers
Robert

--
You see things; and you say Why?