On 25/06/07, anansi <kazaam / oleco.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if there is a way in linux to output text in cp437 with
> my ruby script. Is there at all a way to influence the font within ruby
> in a console?

The better approach would be to convert the cp437 text to the encoding
of your console.
Given an utf-8 terminal this should not be a problem for most
encodings including cp437.
There are utf-8 X11 terminal emulators and utf8 terminal emulators for
the Linux framebuffer console. The functionality of the Linux console
when dealing with various encodings is limited at best.

Thanks

Michal