Tobias DiPasquale <anany / ece.vill.edu> writes:

> P.S. Would 'rinda' be any help? If so, what is 'rinda'? Sounds like it
> might be the thing, but can't find any docs on it. (don't speak Japanese)

You can look up tuplespaces on Google, and there is a simple test in
the drb distribution itself.

I'm amazed and the Ruby tuplespace implementation: the matching is
based on '===', so you can have message patterns like

   [ 'Dave', nil, /cat/ ]
        - match messages with a first parameter of Dave and the third
          parameter containing the string 'cat'

   [ 1..10, String ]
        - match messages with the first parameter between 1 and 10 and
          the second of class String.

It works nicely too: I wrote a simple P-P chat server in about 10
lines of code.

It also solves Tobias' problem too: you can run one Tuplespace server
and any number of clients can add and remove objects.

Dave (who spent the evening playing with tuplespace)