I'm running ruby 1.8.6 (2007-06-07 patchlevel 36) [powerpc-darwin8.9.0]

I have a script (the OS X installer script for RMagick) that I've been
using for some months now. Today I discovered that, in this script only,
a command in backticks hangs:

im_version = `Magick-config --version` rescue nil

The command works normally when I enter it on the command line. The
statement works normally when I try it in irb. This statement works
normally as a simple one line Ruby script.

It is possible that this is the first time I've run the script since I
upgraded to this version of Ruby.

Has anybody else encountered this problem?

--
RMagick OS X Installer [http://rubyforge.org/projects/rmagick/]
RMagick Hints & Tips [http://rubyforge.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=1618]