> Oh, while we're on the Ruby-PDA subject: Are there any tips or "gotchas"
> about memory usage? My scripts keep eating up all the memory of the PDA
> in a short while, which eventually virtually "lock" it up.
>
> One nice thing would be able to put a "ceiling" on memory usage, so I
> can get an Exception instead of forcing the user to reboot the PDA. (Or
> atleast intercept and warn the user of the "impending doom", and save
> their work. )

Would be nice! Some auto-triggered GC when near that ceiling, perhaps?

I am running Rubicon on iPAQ w/ Linux (if you port ruby to a platform,
you better check it, huh?) and it crashes the entire userspace. That's
near 32 MB of RAM eaten. Kernel keeps humming, but that is fairly
useless :(

|  Don't split your mentality without thinking twice       |
|                          Proud like a God -- Guano Apes  |
+--- M38c ------- http://members.chello.nl/~k.vangelder ---+