On 6/24/07, Todd Benson <caduceass / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/24/07, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb / cesmail.net> wrote:
>
> > Yeah, I think Ruby/Tk runs on a Mac ... but I have something a little
> > more diabolical in mind. :)
>
> Here's diabolical for you.  Well, maybe not diabolical, but sinister
> nonetheless.

I have to apologize a little bit for saying that.  The post comes
across, I think, as a little cocky, and also suggests that I don't
like Ruby.  But I'll defend myself by pointing out the ambiguity of
the quiz question.  There are clearly many things we have to assume in
order to answer (I love that, BTW, and thank you James for challenging
us cleanly and yet still giving us free reign over our design).
What's an attendee?  So far, I have Paris Hilton's dog on my test list
of "attendees", the attendance acquired and paid for.  On top of that,
Paris has two different -- and possibly more -- names for the poor
little fella.  If he's taking a pee while his name get's called, does
he still get the gift?  I also have a blind guy on my test list.  I'm
not sure he would appreciate some fancy ascii art.

Thanks for making me think too much, you crazy Ruby programmers :)

Todd