On Jun 24, 2007, at 8:10 AM, Andreas Pinkert wrote:

> Thanks a lot!
>
> I added only this line to my code and now it does what I want:
> TkcWindow.new(canvas, 200,
> 200, :width=>100, :height=>280, :window=>frame)

I suggest you also change

     frame = TkFrame.new(canvas).grid

     frame = TkFrame.new(canvas)

since you're putting the frame into a TkcWindow.

> I have not found documentation on TkcWindow. Where can I find such?
> I mean, I do not know what the API actually does.

I know of no English documentation for Ruby/Tk, except

     http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/rubytk_en/

which is rather sparse and somewhat out of date. One has to fall back
on Perl/Tk documentation.  Two sites I visit are:

     http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePerl/5.8/lib/Tk.html

     http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~amundson/perl/perltk/toc.html

Of course, reading the Ruby/Tk library source code can be helpful.

There are many Ruby/Tk examples that you can learn from  posted at:

     http://svn.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/branches/ruby_1_8/
ext/tk/sample/

In particular, you will want to look at scrollframe.rb. It is highly
relevant to your problem.