--Y+xroYBkGM9OatJL

MenTaLguY:

> The best you can do is test whether the result is
> within some interval (epsilon) of the expected result:

>  ( ( 14.95 * 0.6 ) - 8.97 ).abs < 1e-6

> (Here, we've chosen 1e-6 as our epsilon, which is arbitrary but
> probably "small enough" in this case. For mathematically intensive
> code, you may need to be more careful.)

Any particular reason against using Float::EPSILON here? :)

Maybe Float#=3D=3D could simply be extended to consider the above? That
would most probably open another can of worms, though, and extending
Float#<=3D> would open yet another, I guess.

-- Shot
--=20
I'm not much of a kernel hacker, but a quick (and not very efficient,
granted) fix could be to make the offset an extern variable, yes?
That would force the compiler to fall back on the basic "your gun,
your foot, your choice" memory model.                    -- jtv, LKML

--Y+xroYBkGM9OatJL

--Y+xroYBkGM9OatJL--