Morton Goldberg wrote:
> On Jun 24, 2007, at 12:51 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>
>> \Questions:
>>
>> 1. Does it *have* to run on a Macintosh? I don't have one to test on!
>
> I don't see any mention of a Macintosh in the quiz description. What
> moves you to ask this?
What moves me to ask this is that every Ruby conference I've been to so
far (all both of them plus FOSCON II) had a room full of Macs and an
occasional Windows or Linux box. I've got nothing against Macs --
they're fine machines -- but I don't have one.

>> 2. Does it *have* to run on a command line? It's really hard to
>> entrancea room full of people without *some* eye candy?
>
> You could do some neat stuff with the Curses library -- good change to
> show off your ASCII art abilities.

What art abilities? :) Yeah, I could do some neat stuff with the Curses
library, but it would end up looking like the Matrix screen saver. :)

I have seen some rather impressive ASCII art animation/demos, though.

> I'm not sure I'm going to do this quiz, but if I do, I'll use Ruby/Tk.
> Should run on any platform and the potential for eye candy would only be
> limited by my imagination and time available for implementation.
>
> Regards, Morton

Yeah, I think Ruby/Tk runs on a Mac ... but I have something a little
more diabolical in mind. :)