On Jun 23, 3:27 pm, levander <levander... / gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks rking.  Indenting every line 4 space in the IRC transcript did
> work.  Guess I just didn't want to do it that way because I wanted to
> be able to copy and paste the whole transcript in without any
> formatting.
>
> Guess I'll just have to use a fully-featured text editor to indent it,
> then copy and paste it into instiki from there.

Not to plug my own war3z, but it was exactly things like that that
moved me to write `clipfilter`, which is distributed with Clipboard.pm
(which I vaguely intend on rubifying). Available at:
http://search.cpan.org/~king/Clipboard-0.09/ (it should work using
native calls in Windows and OSX, and use the `xclip` program under
Unices)

If you create a script like this:
#!/bin/sh
ruby -pe 'sub(/^/, " "*4)'

and put it in $PATH with a name of, say, 4spaces, you can then run:

clipfilter 4spaces

This will pipe the current clipboard contents to the listed program
and then take the output to be the new clipboard contents.

You might want to speed the access to this, such as an alias (like
"c4"), bind it to a keyboard shortcut, or maybe make a launcher/icon
thing.