On 6/21/07, dblack / wobblini.net <dblack / wobblini.net> wrote:

> There's another thing, though, and that is the question of the
> symmetry.

I'm not really sure if I'm off-base here, but the first thing you
learn in set theory is that as soon as you see symmetry, you should be
skeptical.  Why is that?  Well, my cop-out answer is: let the
linguists in the group answer that.

It's pretty obvious from what everybody says about how Ruby works, and
how best to utilize it, is that it's a "lambda" ... a procedure that
just floats in.  But it's also clear that it's unclear.  It's a
contradiction.

We ultimately need expressibility in order to have flexibility  And
your language of choice gives you a decidability set.  I'm using 'ity'
a lot ... sorry.

Mr. David Black once again shows us an interesting perspective:

"Maybe it's something like: rejecting means subtracting from a thing
that's already there, but selecting means creating a new collection"

David is smart ... the linguists are dumb.  Don't take offense guys :)

Todd