Jan Friedrich wrote:
> 12 34 schrieb:
>> I wanted to list all the EXIF data for a photo. Is there a method for
>> that? Equivalent to ExifTool:
>>
>> exiftool -h filepath
>>
>> Thanks
>
> You should better ask this at rubyforge:
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?group_id=2912
>
> You can use the method tags, which returns an array of all tags of the
> file.
>
> Here a simple example (no HTML output but this shouldn't be difficult to
> adapt):
>

> require 'mini_exiftool'
>
> photo = MiniExiftool.new 'file.jpg'
>
> photo.tags.sort.each do |tag|
>   puts tag + ': ' + photo[tag]
> end
>

> Have a look at the API-documentation
> http://miniexiftool.rubyforge.org/
> and the turorial
> http://miniexiftool.rubyforge.org/files/Tutorial.html
>
> Best regards
> Jan

Thanks, that worked. I changed one line to

puts "#{tag}:         #{photo[tag]}"

since it errored to begin with. Maybe a copying error.

I had looked at the docs but I didn't know what to look for (still
don't). I'm not confortable enough with Ruby nomenclature to be able to
figure out I need a method tags and I don't see where'd I'd find that in
the docs and know what it would do.

Thanks