On 6/21/07, dblack / wobblini.net <dblack / wobblini.net> wrote:
> Hi --
>

> > I fail to see why, could you give an example?
>
> Anything that depends on the output having array-like behaviors:
>
> selected = enum.select(&select_block).flatten
That is ok, but we are complaining about

                     hash.select

Please note that the notion of Enumerable#select is erroneous in this
thread, sorry for being blunt Alexander but you were talking about
Hash#select the whole time.

I think this would be a picture case for breaking backwards
compatibility in Ruby2.0
Hash#select --> returning a Hash
and we would live in a better world ;)
unless you do not like it of course.

In other words it might be interesting to know if people like this
behavior without thinking about backwards compatibility or
implementation details.

Robert
--
You see things; and you say Why?