Axel Etzold wrote:
> the claim in the link I sent you was that they
> do use Linux, rather than Windows, and still
> got (some workaround access to) OLE to work ..
> But I haven't tried this myself, so I wrote
> "just a little googling" .... but I'd be interested
> if you could post what solution you eventually go for.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Axel

Cheers buddy, I must have switched off the moment i saw 'ole' in the
URL.
I had a read, and it appears he got it to work using WINE. Clever trick,
and i guess you could do that if you owned the server yourself (or you
had a *really* good virtual hosting package) but for my situation (using
a typical rails host) it probably isn't going to help.
Still, thanks for the pointer.