> just a little googling came up with this:
> http://rails.co.za/articles/2006/12/16/excel-ole-automation-with-ruby-in-linux
> HTH,
> Axel

Hi,
Thanks, but i can't use OLE because this won't be hosted on windows.

> I never tried this binding on POI Java library, but it could be useful
> to you :
> http://poi.apache.org/poi-ruby.html
> Come

Fair enough, i assumed i'd have to use a java or perl or python library.
Its a pity, because an all-ruby solution keeps the cost of hosting down
:)

Any all-ruby solutions? I guess i *could* go to the effort of porting
the python pyExcelarator library to ruby, it's the closest to what i'm
after, but if there's an solution already out there, i'd like to hear
about it.

Cheers