On Jun 18, 2007, at 12:41, Trans wrote:
> On Jun 18, 3:23 pm, Eric Hodel <drbr... / segment7.net> wrote:
>> On Jun 18, 2007, at 11:50, Trans wrote:
>>> I just don't see the value in rdoc including a file that's been
>>> explicitly flagged for exclusion via -x/--exclude. Do you? Can we
>>> get
>>> sort of fix/feature for this in a future release of RDocs?
>>
>> Did you file a bug?
>>
>> I don't see how you can expect developers to keep track of bugs
>> "filed" on a mailing list, especially one that isn't for the
>> development of the software in question.  If you find bugs and want
>> them fixed, file them in the appropriate bug tracker.
>
> Thanks Eric. I will do so...
>
> It's just that I'm not sure it's a bug. I think it was meant to be
> that way for some reason.

If you're not sure, file a bug.  At worst, the maintainer sees it and
rejects it.  After all, they're the best person to determine if what
you've found is really a bug.

> But I think maybe the reason turned out not to be so good after
> all, but it's never been addressed b/c other tools (like the Rake
> task) took care of the issue. I bring it up here first to see if my
> reasoning is sound and that others concur. If they/you
> do, I will submit a feature request.

What if nobody agrees with you, but it really is a bug?  The
maintainer will never see it then.  Its always better to file a bug.

best
workers get their tools to do the work for them. -- Syndicate Wars