On Jun 18, 3:23 pm, Eric Hodel <drbr... / segment7.net> wrote:
> On Jun 18, 2007, at 11:50, Trans wrote:
>
> > When I use rdoc like so:
>
> >   rdoc -x InstalledFiles *
>
> > It includes InstalledFiles anyway because of the *. But if I don't use
> > the *, it doesn't include any of my top files like README. So AFAICT,
> > I have no other option but to explicitly list every single file I want
> > to rdoc on the command line. What a pain!
>
> > I just don't see the value in rdoc including a file that's been
> > explicitly flagged for exclusion via -x/--exclude. Do you? Can we get
> > sort of fix/feature for this in a future release of RDocs?
>
> Did you file a bug?
>
> I don't see how you can expect developers to keep track of bugs
> "filed" on a mailing list, especially one that isn't for the
> development of the software in question.  If you find bugs and want
> them fixed, file them in the appropriate bug tracker.

Thanks Eric. I will do so...

It's just that I'm not sure it's a bug. I think it was meant to be
that way for some reason. But I think maybe the reason turned out not
to be so good after all, but it's never been addressed b/c other tools
(like the Rake task) took care of the issue. I bring it up here first
to see if my reasoning is sound and that others concur. If they/you
do, I will submit a feature request.

Thanks.
T.