On Jun 18, 2:59 pm, "Bill Kelly" <b... / cts.com> wrote:
> From: "Trans" <transf... / gmail.com>
>

> > When I use rdoc like so:
>
> >  rdoc -x InstalledFiles *
>
> > It includes InstalledFiles anyway because of the *. But if I don't use
> > the *, it doesn't include any of my top files like README. So AFAICT,
> > I have no other option but to explicitly list every single file I want
> > to rdoc on the command line. What a pain!
>
> Possible workaround?
>
>   rdoc `ls * | grep -v InstalledFiles`

That one doesn't work for a couple of reasons. But yes, we can fashion
a work around along these lines. It's just unfortunate that we have to
do so due to rdoc's hobbled -x option. If you look at other rdoc
utilities, like Rake's rdoc task, you will see that they indeed list
every single file to be rdoc'd. You should see the Facets rdoc command
it literally covers my entire screen!

T.