On Jun 16, 7:38 pm, danielj <dani... / sleepingindian.org> wrote:
> > Try inserting each input into a sorted array.
>
> Mmmm... I'm not quite following? Wouldn't I have to use the "sort"
> method if I did that?

Don't think about processing the array once you have all the inputs.
Think about processing as the inputs are gathered. You start with an
empty array; technically, that's already sorted. When you get the
first word, you insert that and you still have a sorted array. From
here on out, just insert each word so that you maintain a sorted
array.

>From reading the chapter, you'll be able to do this with what you've
learned, but it will take two arrays and a lot of moving things back
and forth.

> > Maybe use a regex to check for any lowercase letters. Instead of:
> > if r == r.downcase or r == r.capitalize
> > use:
> > if r =~ /[a-z]/
>
> I would but, he has yet to talk about REGEX at that point in the
> tutorial and I feel like I would be cheating :)

Fair enough. Taking a quick glance at the Chris Pine online book, I
think you'll be able to do what you need using swapcase and downcase.

For other Ruby problems to solve, you might want to check out
http://www.rubyquiz.com/ .