I've been banging my head against the wall on this problem. I have a
soap::mapping::object result from a web service call, and all is well
except there are some XML elements in the response that are empty.
When I output these values in a UI (puts, etc) the value for those
elements always says something like #<soap::mapping::object::0x...>

How can I test this value to see if its an empty element before I
output it ? Is there a more elegant way to handle this than doing a
check for this particular string literal ? I didn't see any methods on
soap::mapping::object to determine if it has a text element or not.