I am attempting to create a program that can transfer files. It so far
can send pure-text files no problem, but it has issues with reading
anything else. EG. It cut a 6 MB mp3 down to a 6 kb file.

After a bit of fiddling around I found that the program wasn't reading
the file properly. I'm currently using File#sysread to read the file and
File#syswrite to write the file. I don't know why it wont read the whole
file, can some body please help. Here is a copy of a similar program
with the same problem. (please dont mock it uselessness, it was made to
try and sort aforementioned problem).

f1 = File.new("BIG.txt")
f2 = File.new("big.txt", "w")

contents = f1.sysread(f1.stat.size-2)